On November 6th, we gave a copy of Grow at Home to every household at Foundry. In this episode, Chad has a conversation with Winfield Bevins, author of Grow at Home.
So what is family discipleship?
- Discipleship is the parent’s responsibility. (Proverbs 22:6)
- Kids are leaving the church.
- A basic definition of family discipleship.
- Turning off, unplugging, and talking.
- Simplicity is where it’s at.
- How it started for the Bevin’s family.
- The issue of raising Christian kids.
- Resources, stories, and the idea of family worship.
What can this change?
- Bring God back into the home.
- Transform how the family relates to each other.
- Revolutionize how families do faith together.
- Parents development is different than our kids…and we end up discipling ourselves.
The easiest way to start.
- Find the time.
- Simple/helpful patterns.
- eating together. It’s the sacramental nature of sharing a meal.
- Pray for and with your children.